Sunday, June 29, 2014

Jack's Rebuttal

JACK's SIDE OF THE STORY
The first morning in Homer (same as Homer, LA----a fishing town) we went to the Welcome Center.  I found a coffee table and sofa with local restaurant menus on the table.  While the others looked thru the pamphlets I reviewed the  menus.
One, was a menu for  Samovar Cafe in Nikolaevsk, AK.  (Look it up on Google).  It sounded interesting as Alaska was first settled by Russians!  As Rich said we all agreed it was interesting!
Now, about the Salty Dog Saloon, I knew it had to be good based on the name, when we walked in I thought  I was walking into McGuires in Pensacola with all the hanging dollars. I wonder if they have to pay tax on all those dollars like Mc Guires?  Well, we can say we have been there like the Red Dog Saloon in Juneau.
When it came to picking out a fishing trip, I wasn't allowed to choose but,  Rich and Ray did a great job of choosing a charter.  My arms are very sore from pulling up the Halibut, like pulling up  amberjack in the Gulf of Mexico.

Addendum from Betty
In defense of Jack's Sweet Thing, my iPhone was doing the navigation with the assistance of goggle.  Guess this is too remote for goggle to keep up.

1 comment:

  1. Just before I left home the beatle bus with the camera on top was driving through neightborhoods.

    ReplyDelete