Monday, May 19, 2014

PROLOGUE  --  May 19, 2014

In 2013, I made a trip to Wyoming for both a Monaco International rally and an FMCA convention which were held in Gillette.  I had fully intended to head north to Alaska since I was already well west of my usual home base in North Carolina.  However, my two good Monaco coach owner friends--Ray/Tam Murley and Jack/Betty Ehlenberg--convinced me that we should take three coaches in the summer of 2014.  This made good sense:  in case of sickness or mechanical difficulty, having more than one coach on the trip would provide some "insurance" and support!
So, we began planning our 'mini-caravan' to the North country.  Because I have to be in Coos Bay, Oregon, in early August, I suggested that we head off around the middle of May.  Consequently, we have joined forces at Goshen, Indiana, and are now headed off across the Great Plains of North Dakota as we head for the Canadian border.
Ray/Tam Murley and Sunny

Rich Halverson and Teddy

Jack/Betty Ehlenberg and Patti

SEASON OF THE NEVER-ENDING SPRING

Actually, the Murleys and I started out from near St. Augustine, FL., in mid-February.  We spent a week at Bryn Mawr RV Resort and then moved up to the panhandle of Florida at Panama City before going into the Monaco International rally in Albany, GA.  It was a lovely Spring-time in Florida and south Georgia!  We parted company as I went on to North Carolina to Van Hoy Family Farms RV Park in mid-March as Spring worked its way north.  I moved over to Lebanon, TN, in early May and then joined the Murleys and the Ehlenbergs in Goshen--again, a lovely Spring as the season worked its way north.  As we continued north to the Twin Cities and then to St. Cloud, Spring was still working its way north.  Now I am again sneezing my head off as the trees in North Dakota are just starting to leaf out...it has definitely been the longest Spring I have ever 'enjoyed'!!


All of us will be posting to this blog and I will have photos to add along the way.  We all hope you enjoy reading our comments and seeing the pictures...let us hear from you via comments as we roll along the highways going NORTH TO ALASKA!!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to set up this blog......we look forward to "traveling with you".......XO, Dick & Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful. Will be great to follow all of you on your journey. Looking forward to the pictures too. Safe travels. JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, can't wait to follow the adventure…thanks for the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great to spend time with you at our St. Cloud, MN MNC Rally. You guys are off to a great start--have a great trip and we look forward to the next part of your adventure!

    ReplyDelete